20th January 2012 – Ops NS Lima, Ops Mike Zulu Lima

Shawn/ January 21, 2012/ freshwater, Singapore/ 0 comments

Wawa messaged me the night before and asked if I was going anywhere and if I was, if he could join. Since I was planning on heading to my spot anyway, I brought him along.

Yet again, we saw Banhock there. We didn’t manage to land any fish but Banhock mentioned that he had landed 2.

Wawa and me fished at the usual spot (the short stretch where I always see the most action) while Banhock eventually moved to the opposite bank.

I managed to snag my popper on a canvas cloth near the opposite bank while chasing a Toman (Banhock style) so with no hookups and my strong desire to retrieve my lure, we moved to that spot.

As luck would have it, Banhock was stationed at that exact spot where I was planning to enter the water.

We moved briskly to the bridge and when Banhock saw us, he immediately started walking back. Lol. When we inevitably met in the middle, I very briefly declared “We’re not stalking you” to which he replied “Oh. What happened?” and I said “I’m going to get my lure” and I didn’t see him for the rest of the day. haha.

When we reached the spot, I double checked everything before taking a step in. The moment both my feet hit the riverbed, Wawa’s small popper was hit by an est 1-2Kg Toman/Haruan. He lost it though because he couldn’t strike in time. Nevertheless, I carried on and managed to retrieve my lure.

After returning back to the shore, we continued fishing at this very picturesque but extremely shallow spot till about 7 when we gave up.

In the car, we talked about possible spots to which Wawa suggested that we go to a spot that was dripping with Haruan. “Every cast can get one”, he said. When he described the spot I immediately recognised it as Spot Mike Zulu Lima. Thinking that perhaps we had to walk in a bit from that spot, I drove there. On the way there, he confirmed that the fishing was at that exact spot and no bashing was involved.

Nevertheless, I joined in with the fishing. We reached the spot at about 7.30 at the sky was just turning completely dark and the 2 other anglers that were already there were just leaving.

Somehow, Wawa managed to land a Temensis when it was completely dark.

We went home shortly after that but not before seeing a pair of baiters taking our place.

Shawn started fishing in 1994. He caught his first fish (an Ah Seng) on that very first trip to Changi Carpark 4 (before it was barricaded). He built up his fishing knowledge and gear over the years but still keeps his old gear, just like the memories.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>